Sunday, April 6, 2008

African American Educator Ready for Action


This image inspired the creation of this blog. I am the African American woman featured in this ad for the University of North Texas. Graduating with a master’s degree in journalism was a very profound moment in my life. My experience teaching and learning in various parts of the nation has provoked me to examine the educational experience of African Americans. I thank you for your participation in the movement to advance the educational experience for African Americans. It is my aim to inspire a new generation of African American teachers, journalists, and academic scholars. It is my desire to attract veteran African American scholars to this site to share their experiences and mentor a generation of young African American scholars that are thirsty for change.

No comments: